Entrepreneurial Ministers Network

Pray enough...

Prepare enough...

Share enough...

Care enough...

to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

A way of life ministers may have to consider



For years I've watched men and women who are called to the ministry struggle trying to work secular jobs and pastor their church or minister in other ways. What's a called man or woman of God to do? To me it seems as though the bi-vocational route is certainly a viable way to go. The only challenge I've had is the hours and energy it takes to effectively take care of a family and minister to a flock who needs you at various times of the day.

For many years now I've been able to work from home and serve my congregation because I wasn't tied down to having to go to a job. Don't get me wrong. I'm not against jobs. I actually had a job at one point. I tried to go full-time in ministry only to find out that our church could only do so much. Fortunately I have a few skills that have allowed me to work from home and this has kept me in a position to take care of my family and the members of my congregation.

I truly think that in the years ahead there will be many more ministers who will be working from home. Finding what it is they will do will make the difference.

The fact that you're reading this is an indication that you are already working from home or considering it. I'm hoping to connect with the small niche of men and women who are in the ministry who also work from home. If you would like to join in communicating and helping fellow entrepreneurial ministers connect, I would invite you to join this blog.

Love to connect,

Ced Reynolds - The Entrepreneurial Pastor
(909) 597-3502

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home